Unit 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff
- Understand CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations.
- Understand the importance of communication within CCTV operations.
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room.
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV system.
- Understand health and safety relevant to the CCTV operator
Unit 3: Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment
- Understand how to use CCTV equipment
- Be able to operate the CCTV system